Human Health Surgical Procedures Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all surgical procedures carried out by Human Health. This document takes precedence over any other marketing material or literature produced by the clinic if a conflict arises. All patients will be asked to sign a copy of these terms prior to their first consultation with the surgeon.
- All our surgeons are registered with the General Medical Council and are we require them to maintain full private medical indemnity cover with a recognised insurer.
- Our surgeons are either directly employed or self-employed consultants to Human Health.
- Human Health cannot be held liable for any negligence of your surgeon if they are self-employed.
- Where the surgeon is self-employed, Human Health collects the surgical fee, we do this on behalf of the consultant acting as their agent.
- Your Procedure
- Your surgeon, in consultation with Human Health if they are self-employed, will decide whether or not to carry out a surgical procedure, based on information provided by you.
- Once you have agreed to surgery (except for minor skin procedures), you have a cooling-off period of 14 days. We ask that during this time you reflect on all aspects of the procedure as outlined by your surgeon, including risks, complications, and your expected results. During this time of reflection, you are entitled to cancel your procedure and receive a full refund of monies paid, except for any amount paid for the initial consultation.
- If medication is required post-operatively (such as antibiotics), these will be provided by Human Health as per your surgeon’s prescription.
- Sometimes it may be necessary for us to change the date or time of your appointment. We will only change appointments as a last resort, and we will always give you as much notice as possible of this happening. We cannot be held liable for any loss that occurs because of such rescheduling or cancellation.
- Where the patient needs to reschedule their procedure, we will require 7 days’ notice. Where we are given less than 7 days’ notice rescheduling will be subject to a fee of £100. Please note this does not apply during your cooling-off period, as outlined in Section 2.2 or if there are exceptional circumstances which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Human Health.
- Cancellations of initial consultations – if your appointment is cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice, any amount paid is non-refundable unless there are exceptional circumstances which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Human Health.
- Cancellations of procedures – subject to your cooling off period outlined in per Section 2.2 all deposits paid toward surgical procedures are non-refundable if cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice unless there are exceptional circumstances which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Human Health.
- Your personalised quotation prior to surgery will include details of the length of aftercare provided with your surgery. During this period, you will be entitled to follow-up appointments with our surgeons and nursing staff as detailed during your consultation.
- Once your aftercare period has elapsed, any appointments or additional surgery required will be chargeable at our standard rates.
- Aftercare period:
- Skin procedures – after nurse follow up or after histology results are returned.
- If your surgeon feels that additional surgery or treatment is required to meet the expectations outlined at the consultation stage, we will consider the surgical and hospital costs.
- If in your surgeon’s opinion the results of your procedure are in line with expectations, then any additional procedures or appointments required will incur a fee. Human Health’s decision in these matters, in consultation with your surgeon, is final.
- We cannot be held responsible where additional procedures or appointments are required because of a patient not following medical advice post-operatively. This also includes failure to attend post-operative appointments or changes in a patient’s health, lifestyle or injury that have had an impact on the surgical results. In these circumstances, any additional surgery required will be charged at standard rates.
- The patient will be responsible for all travel and other costs associated with attending appointments at the clinic.
- Our complaints procedure is available on request from our admin team. If you have a complaint or are dissatisfied with any aspect of your treatment, please bring this to our attention at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Where a person signs this document as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under the age of 18 who is under their care, they agree that they will be bound by these terms and conditions, even if that child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these terms and conditions. In these circumstances, the references in these terms and conditions to the patient shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in so far as such references relate to any obligation to pay for any care provided.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Human Health reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The latest Terms & Conditions are available on request from our administration team.
I agree that the information I provide to Human Health will be honest, accurate, reliable, and complete. I understand that any omission or inaccuracy in this information could be detrimental to my health, and where necessary could lead to cancellation of my procedure without refund. I will tell Human Health of any changes in my circumstances at the earliest possible opportunity.
By signing these terms and conditions, I agree that I have read and understood them and have been given an opportunity to seek an explanation if necessary.
Signed: …………………………………………. Patient’s Name: …………………………………………………..
Parent or Guardian’s Name (where applicable): ……………………………………………………………………….